Enhancing Good Governance Through Integrated Community-Based Activities
Project 3 aims at enhancing Good Governance through Community based Activities with the focus on Governance of Social Service Delivery and Natural Resource Management (NRM).
Up scaling the quantity and improve the quality of research, education and extension of services to communities surrounding Mzumbe University
- Local University become more active in actionable research in the area of gender-sensitive social innovation in local governance of natural resource and social service delivery.
- Local citizens, duty bearers and CSOs have access to innovative solutions to make local governance of natural resources and social service delivery more effective and gender sensitive.
- Thirteen conference papers published.
- Two new courses developed: two gender courses up dated
- Three communities trained on governance issues:
- Staff training on policy brief writing;
- Two exchange events with Belgian development partners and two with others;
- Four one-day workshops for policy makers;
- Outreach monitoring format elaborated and in use;
- One research and outreach fund set-up;
- Two outreach activities to media.
- Two PhD students in progress.
Our Latest Research